Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Is that noise coming out of the car?

We decided to take two cars to Jerusalem, because there were 5 of us (Adina, Kim, Stephan, Stephen, and me) plus 2 people from the institute who wanted a ride. We left around 8AM and stopped to get gas at a kibbutz. Apparently this was the kibbutz with the famous ice cream, which I did not know until we were back in the car. They also had really nice hair product that smelled really nice, among other things.

About an hour into our drive, there was a loud noise coming out of the car. I figured maybe the road had become rougher or something - but no! We got a flat tire... in the middle of the desert! Thankfully we had a donut, and one of my collaborator, Yuri, and Stephan changed it before any of us got heat stroke. It was actually the first time I had ever seen someone change a flat tire, so I'm kind of happy it happened. Now I know what to do if it happens when I'm alone.


Me watching Steve take a picture of Yuri changing the tire


Stephan modeling our surroundings at our unplanned stop

No comments:

Post a Comment