Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer: The Time For Research

Cramming As Much Fieldwork As Possible Into 3 Months

The red star represents where I am now, the black star represents UCSC, where I will be in a few days to finish preparing for my research in Israel, and the blue star represents where I will be one week from today setting up my lab in Israel.
Summer for graduate students is precious time.  It is the only time of year we don't have to teach or take classes.  For ocean scientists it is also far away from looming grant and fellowship deadlines, which are typically in the Fall or Winter.  In short summer is the time to cram as much research as humanly possible into 3 short months.  Even now, a week from when I will be flying to Israel to conduct the radium isotopes-groundwater experiment, I am in Alaska finishing up a groundwater-phytoplnakton experiment.  

To read more about the experiment I am currently conducting in Alaska follow the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment