Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Coordinating Medical Care Abroad

Our trip to Israel is coming up really soon!

...so I guess it's about time to coordinate my infusions while I'm over there.

See, some people's immune systems help them. Some people's immune systems try to kill them.

Mine is the latter.

Thankfully though, there is an immuno-suppressant called Remicade that helps chill my immune system out, making it less likely to hurt me (which is a good thing). This drug had me in remission for several years, but it's not something that you can just take by mouth. It requires a visit to an infusion center, an IV, and 3 hours of waiting while it drips in every 6 weeks. Not a big deal when it's a part of your routine, but a little more complicated when going abroad.

Things to think about: getting a letter from my doctor, ensuring that the hospital has Remicade "on tap," travel to/from the hospital, saving up enough cash to pay for it out of pocket, the insurance reimbursement process (that I'm sure will be fun) when I return, and not stressing about anything because that will only make my immune system meaner.

So, cheers! to not stressing as the quarter wraps up and everything becomes due.


1 comment:

  1. This is the first time i read such type of blogs,Its really useful for the users.Keep updated This type of blogs provide information to the users ..
    immuno care

    ReplyDelete