Thursday, July 2, 2015

Practical information

Every time I travel abroad, I try to look for practical information before I leave. I usually check Wikipedia and Lonely Planet guides. Printed travel guides have plenty of information and you can buy them or check them out in public libraries. However, if you don't want to carry them or you just only need an overview of the place, internet is full of resources. I added some links so you can just click on the lines written in brown.

I looked for ombrothermic diagrams to know the monthly variation of temperature and precipitation in Eilat. I started to use this graphs in a Geobotany class to study the distribution of plants on the Earth and I found out they are really useful to prepare which clothes to bring depending on the weather. Here is a link to a table with annual, minimal and maximum monthly temperatures and average precipitation for Eilat (from Wikipedia):

 

Also, I checked out the webpage goIsrael created by The Ministry of Tourism of Israel, with plenty of information about Visas, weather, currency, etc.

The Spanish website of Lonely Planet have a very nice summary of History and practical information of the country (including transportation, security and health related issues). The English version offers options on what to see and pictures of the main attractions.

Lastly, Tripadvisor is a good resource to look for the most touristic attractions, restaurants and hotels with reviews written by travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment